Materials Buyer – Commercial Landscape Company
The Standard in Commercial Landscape Construction – 50 years strong!
The Landscape Buyer’s primary responsibility is to procure top notch materials on time and under budget and to provide submittals to operations – Directly reports to the Purchasing Manager
- Salary – $70,000 – $80,000
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- PTO, Sick Leave
- Career Path Opportunity
- Annual Company Bonus Program
- Purchase Plant and other Landscape Construction Materials
- Source, negotiate and purchase submittal-approved irrigation materials
- Purchase Dry goods
- Analysis of vendor spreadsheets.
- Sourcing, negotiating and purchasing of submittal-approved plant materials.
- Analysis of vendor spreadsheets for plant buyout.
- Sourcing and re-sourcing substitute plant material as demanded in the current “empty shelf” environment
- Ongoing communication with project team members regarding potential overages and opportunities to re-coup costs.
- Accuracy review of all material requests to intercept mistakes prior to delivery.
- Daily purchase order entries.
- Emailing all superintendents, foreman and project managers with delivery times
- Contract grow set- up and terms negotiation.
- Tree tagging vendor contact information spreadsheets.
- Cash Flow Spreadsheet maintenance for accounting dept.
- Regular sourcing of new vendors.
- Negotiating payment terms, discounts, deliveries.
Accounting Related Tasks
- Purchase order/Invoice reconciliation
- Monthly review of Project Manager Job Lists and reconciliation with Purchase Order Balance Reports.
- Any and all other tasks necessary to assist in the efficiency of the department.
- Minimum 3 yr. experience in Irrigation or Landscape Construction Materials
- Strong organizational and negotiating skills
- Administrative / Accounting Skills
- Some College Preferred
- Computer Skills – Excel, MS Office Suite
*Please Submit Resume – Response within two business days !
Apply Online Now!
If you qualify email us your resume. You will receive a reply within 2 business days!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com