Lawn Care Specialist Manager
Rapidly Growing Lawn Care and Tree Care Company in North Hampton, New Hampshire
Immediate opening for a qualified Lawn Care Specialist Manager ready to join a Growing team in the Lawn Care and Tree care industry. Define your leadership and management skills with a company that will grow with you.
Summary: Must be an Strong Leader and Self-Starter who demonstrates initiative.
Lawn Care Specialist Manager’s Responsibilities are as follows:
- Load and unload lawn equipment, backpacks, 50 lbs. Fertilizer, etc.;
- Use fertilization equipment, back-pack sprayers, hand sprayers and related equipment;
- Carry, lay out and stow other materials, tools and equipment at work site;
- Drive or operate trucks and other equipment as assigned;
- Service trucks and equipment. Keep trucks and other assigned equipment in a neat and orderly fashion. Report the need for repairs to truck and equipment to crew leader or mechanic;
- Safeguard employees and public from hazards in and around the work area;
- Help enforce on-the-job safety practices;
- Update/maintain lawn calendar and recipe book as needed;
- Create/maintain quarterly training materials for company safety meetings;
- Create/update on the job training checklist for new lawn Techs;
- Track and order all chemical and equipment inventory for Lawn department. Prepares end of year usage reports with office manager and PHC Techs for ME, NH and MA;
- Schedule daily routes for lawn applications;
- Work with Operations Manager on the budget for the next season;
- Sell lawn work during all seasons, primarily in the off season;
- Incorporate a turf insect, disease or topic of concern in the monthly training day.
- Read and understand purpose for chemical applications;
- Read labels and understand approved method for handling, storage, loading and mixing chemicals;
- Be aware of and utilize compatible chemical mixtures;
- Keep up-to-date on latest revisions with EPA or Dept. of Agriculture in local jurisdiction;
- Know the current company policy;
- Know and be proficient in techniques to apply the following types of chemicals:
- Pre-emergent for turf and planting beds/rock areas;
- Insect control;
- disease control;
- Assure that tank labeling is accurate and labeling is changed as chemical mixes are changed;
- Surveys area to be sprayed prior to spraying
- Chemical rate requested is within standards for work to be performed;
- Awareness of obstacles, water hazards, job conditions, people in the same area or any other adverse conditions that should be investigated before any chemicals are dispensed;
- Determines boundaries and scope of area to be sprayed and mixes only enough chemicals to complete the assigned job;
- Temperature and weather is appropriate to apply. (i.e. not over 80 degrees, not raining to hard)
- Be aware of and follow company guidelines on service management;
- When approached by a client or tenant on a project, act in a cooperative and professional way to help answer any questions that pertain to the application at that specific location;
- Refer client inquiry to job supervisor if unable to assist;
- Return client phone calls or emails in a timely manner.
- Insure cleanliness of vehicles before leaving yard to avoid any unintentional contamination at field site;
- Follow up, to insure that, the chemical application has met the intended purpose. If application does not meet standard, investigates to identify cause;
- Calibrate the lawn machines weekly, or on daily basis if changing product frequently;
Documentation of Work:
- Demonstrates proficiency with Arborgold, T-Sheets and Flow;
- Run monthly reports with the PHC manager to make sure reports are accurate.
- Start equipment before leaving the yard to test for problems;
- Change oil in application equipment every 50 hours;
- Check oil level on all equipment daily;
- Wash truck bi-weekly in the yard;
- Maintain clean and neat chemical storage area;
- Follow company policy on truck maintenance, daily checks and month truck inspection reports;
- Advise supervisor immediately of any mechanical deficiencies;
- Understand cleaning and decontamination of spray equipment and safety gear.
- Continuously check all areas of vehicle for possible leaks or safety violations;
- Report any incident to immediate supervisor as soon as safely possible;
- Keep supervisor informed daily of any schedule changes that would alter operator’s location by more than one hour;
- Maintain and prominently displays map of nearest medical facility;
- Know actions to follow to contain a chemical leak or chemical spill;
- Maintains and updates MSDS sheets as required by law;
- Do not leave vehicle unattended unless all is secured;
- Do not operate in certain adverse weather conditions;
- Do not load, mix or apply chemicals if public is within 50 ft. of work area;
- Conducts safety training in company meetings
- Come to work ready to work at 6:30 fully uniformed;
2 Be familiar with all the common species of grass in the Seacoast NH area;
- Be familiar with all the relevant disease and insects that threaten the health of NH seacoast’s Turf
4 Be familiar with products and technology that is available to treat relevant turf diseases and insects
- Keep the interests of the company in mind when talking with workmanship of other companies and landscape companies;
- Stay on the cutting edge of new developments of turf care techniques and strategies;
- Assist the tree crew with general tree work or PHC on an as needed basis/ during off season;
- Be familiar with the various types of pruning performed at STC, as well as basic PHC operations.
- Stay up to date on all pesticide licenses;
- Obtain right of way license;
- Become a CLCP; (Certified Lawn Care Professional)
- Obtain tick and Mosquito license;
- Work towards Master/ Supervisor license in all applicable categories;
- Attend N.E. Grows Classes for CEU’s;
- John Deere Academy;
- Other Classes pertaining to turf that offer CEU’s;
Once all licenses are up to date and completed, work on basic general tree care certifications and PHC certifications as well as obtaining a CDL B driver’s license.
*Complete job description and company information will be provided upon contact with LCS
- Salary: $ 42K to 50K Varies, Depending on Experience, Plus Bonus,
- Comprehensive Benefits Package, Including 401
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
Only Lawncare / Tree care Professionals need apply.
Email resume To: Kelly@ExploreLCS.com – Response within 2 business days
Apply Online Now!
If you qualify email us your resume. You will receive a reply within 2 business days!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com